Getting started with The ezbz App is revolutionary the app streamlines your work order and crew management in the field. Learn how to use our app to capture, manage, and share data to ensure that you are always in control of your job site.
ezbz App tutorials are great because they’re fun and interactive. They easily walk you through how to use the app. You’ll also get to see actual examples of what you are doing and what to do for various situations. This makes it much easier to understand, remember and teach your team how to use the app. The website even provides both videos and PDF tutorials depending on which style of learning you prefer.
The ezbz app is so easy to use, but first, you will need to download the app on your computer, phone, or tablet. Then, you can start using all of the features of the ezbz App to help your business.
How to Log In
After downloading the ezbz App, the first thing you need to do to start saving that crucial time and money is to create logins for you and your employees.
- When you set up your account on the app, you’ll need to create a username and password for each member of your team to log into their accounts. Make sure the Usernames and Passwords are simple and not easy to forget. We suggest telling your team members to write their passwords down. Once your entire team has logins, now you can actually log on to the app!
- Click on EZBZ ID. Each company has its own unique EZBZ ID, so all you have to do is enter that here.
- Enter your Username. Each user has their own unique username which will be assigned by the company admin.
- Enter your Password. Passwords will also be assigned by the company admin, but you can make it whatever you want. We suggest making it relatively easy to remember though, as passwords can be easily forgotten.
- Click the SIGN IN button and you can begin your experience with the ezbz App!
How to Make A Route or Work Order
Now that you’ve logged in, you’ll notice 3 small white lines at the top left-hand corner. Clicking it brings up a menu where you can search through all the features of the ezbz App. But first things first, you’re going to need to create new routes or work orders.
- Navigate to the Route List. This will be where all of your routes will be stored together in one location.
- Press the + Button. It’s in the upper right corner of the Route List, and lets you start creating the new route or work order!
- Name the route. Make the name clear, you want it to be easily understandable but also clear on what it’s doing. Try names like “Truck #1 – Tuesday” or “North Side Route”. Just make sure your management and employees know what the names mean.
- Select the status of the route. If you make the status ‘Active’, all users will be able to see it. If you make the status ‘Draft’, only the admin will see it and can choose when to make that route active or not.
- Tap the Save Button. Once done with creating your route, you’ll automatically be taken back to the route list. To view the newly created route, simply locate it at the top of the list.
- Find the Route and press the + Button. Here you can add the job, customer, and any notes you may need to tell those on the route. You can add multiple employees for any single route! It is just one way to save time if you only need one person working on a specific task.
How to Change Route Name & Status
Once you’ve made a route, you can still change anything you want about it. If you happen to forget something, then you can always go back later and edit them in.
- In the Route List, slide left on the route and click on the yellow pencil button to change the name or edit its status from either draft, active or complete.
- Choose ‘Draft’ to save it for the Admins and work on it later.
- Or choose ‘Active’, so you can start assigning those routes to your team.
- When a route is selected as ‘Completed’, it will be put in the archive list to be stored. If you want, you can even reuse or reactivate those routes at any time!
- After you are done editing, click OK and the route will be updated accordingly.
How to Copy or Delete A Route
Do you have a route that’s constantly used every single week? Well just copy the route from last week and save all that time in an instant! Copy a particular route to be used again using the following steps:
- In the Route List, find the route you wish to copy and slide the route to the left. Then click the black paper button to copy it.
- The copied route will appear on the top of the route list. Edit it as much as necessary and press save.
- If you want to rearrange any of the jobs, simply drag and drop the job where you want it on the copied route.
- To Delete a Route, slide left and click the red trash button.
That’s how adding, copying, and deleting routes works. Now we’ll show you how you can assign tasks to individuals working on a specific project.
How to Move A Job Between Routes
This section shows you how to move a job between different routes by using a similar process described above. However, instead of just copying routes, this gives you more control over who is assigned to where and what jobs they have.
- Go to the Route List and choose the route that you would like to move the job FROM.
- Slide the job to the left and click the gray swap button.
- Next, select the route that you are moving the job to and tap ‘MOVE’.
- Move as many jobs as necessary and then drop the job where you want it to be on the new route.
How to Check In & Out of Jobs
You’ve probably already noticed that you can move and cancel jobs right in the job details. But did you know there’s also a great, timesaving feature called check-in/check-out. This allows you to do both at the same time without having to leave the app and be able to track all of your employee’s hours with a breeze. Here’s the simple process to check in and check out.
- Tap the Route Name and open it.
- Open the job by clicking on the Customer Name or Job Title.
- Tap the ‘Check In’ button and select which crew members are on the job.
- When they’re done the job, simply press the ‘Check Out’ button.
- If the job isn’t completed yet, click ‘Check Out’ again. If the job is done, press the ‘Complete Job’ button to archive it.
That’s just the start of everything the ezbz App has to offer!To check out more tutorials, PDF’s and videos, you can go to the ezbz App How to Tutorials page.
I’m Shannon Walsh. I run an award-winning landscaping business with my husband in Massachusetts. I created ezbz.app because I wanted a simple, mobile way to make and manage work orders. Like many owner-operated companies, I used to spend my days landscaping, meeting with customers, managing the crews, and would still have to make sure the next day’s work orders were ready to go. I have saved so much time with ezbz.app that I started a second business. I love dogs, sleep, and the beach. Visit my LinkedIn to learn more about me.